So a bit of a deviation from the planned followup to last weeks Carbohydrate Classifications article since I couldn’t get my head around the topic of GI and GL for this week to write anything or continue with the article. Thankfully, a podcast I did with Juma Iraki of Iraki Nutrition was published today so I’ll cop out and link to it instead.
In this podcast, Juma and I discussed fat loss. Topics covered are:
1. What genetic and environmental factors can contribute to making fat loss more difficult for some people?
2. What is the difference between fat set points and settling points?
3. When combining high activity and low calories without seeing progress, what might be causing the stall?
4. How does leptin, ghrelin and cortisol affect body weight regulation?
5. Metabolic adaptations seem to affect some people more than others. What are strategies that one can use during a fat loss period to reverse some of these adaptations to some extent?
If you just can’t get enough of my mellifluous voice, click here for more interviews and podcasts.
- Podcasts and Interviews
- New Podcasts: Mind Body and Evil Sports Genius
- Jacob Shepis and Abel Csabai Podcasts
- Body Composition Calculations
- Sustainable Self Development Podcast Interview